Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Oh hold until…well I don’t know exactly.

I have decided to put “Jumper” on hold.  It’s just not going anywhere.  I tried hard to work on it today and then realized that the romance I wanted to form between these two characters just didn’t form.  I think I need more time to think about this because this story is very involved and I have to create a world for it and I just need time to think about it.  It does make me sad to abandon the story right now and I am wondering if I will ever return to it, but right now I need to WRITE and I can’t do that on this story any more right now.  I’ve been working on it since 2008 and it just hasn’t gone anywhere.  I know some authors do this and some just realize the story isn’t going anywhere and they say good bye and mourn their loss.  I’m not ready to give up on this story yet, but I won’t return to it for a while.  I want to focus on other work I’ve done and want to do.  I think it’s time to focus on my middle grade novel for a while.  Yep, my Nanowrimo from last year.  Here’s hoping this isn’t just another “Jumper”.  Can you tell I’m a little sad and feel I wasted valuable time?  Yep.  I know, it helped me learn and we all will go through this one time or another but it still is sad.  Hopefully working on my middle grade stuff will make me feel a little better.

Writing away,
M.

No comments: